Dr Hamish McLachlan has over 5 years’ experience in General Practice, broadening his medical experience by undertaking further studies in skin cancer medicine, surgery and dermoscopy. Dr McLachlan has further developed his training in skin cancer medicine by completing:
* Membership Course with the Australian Institute of Dermatology.
* The Advanced Surgical Certificate with the Australian Institute of Dermatology
* Certificate in Skin Cancer – Skin Cancer College of Australasia
* Certificate of Dermoscopy – Skin Cancer College of Australasia
* Advanced Certificate of Dermoscopy – Skin Cancer College of Australasia
* The Advanced Skin Surgery Workshop – Skin Cancer College of Australasia
* Dermatopathology for Skin Cancer Clinicians – Skin Cancer College of Australasia
Whilst he enjoys all aspects of General Practice, Dr. McLachlan is particularly passionate about skin cancer and surgical practise.
He is able to provide a full and detailed skin assessment, via a comprehensive examination. Diagnosis is aided by dermoscopy and, when necessary, a biopsy – which can usually be done instantly.
If a skin cancer (or other spot of concern) is found, Dr Hamish McLachlan is highly experienced and skilled in the surgical removal of skin lesions and cancers.
He also provides non-surgical treatments for skin cancer and is also accomplished in treating other common skin conditions, including lumps and bumps of concern.
Dr. McLachlan is passionate about helping all of his patients enjoy healthy lives.